Signing the Charter
The basic principles of the Greek Network for Diversity are the respect of every individual’s identity and of any possible coexistence of multiple identities, and the in-practice promotion of non-discrimination and equal opportunities in the workplace. Identities concern race, colour, national or ethnic origin, ancestry origin, religious or other beliefs, disabilities or chronic diseases, age, family or social status, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics, and the anti-discrimination Law 4443/2016 provides for combat against discrimination on the grounds of one or more of those characteristics. The Greek Network for Diversity is today of special importance in an era of increased xenophobia, intolerance and minorities’ marginalisation.
Its objective is an inclusive Greek labor market, where, primarily, diversity will be respected in its every aspect, and the principle of non-discrimination will be promoted, so that every person, regardless of identity or coexistence of identities, is visible and active in the labor market and consequently in the society.
As an organisation entering the Greek Network for Diversity, I undertake to:
- Proceed with internal corporate information provision and awareness raising actions on diversity and its various aspects, in collaboration with a body/bodies specialising in the field, contributing substantially to the formulation and implementation of a corresponding internal policy and work culture in the organisation
- Communicate internally the promotion of non-discrimination, and practices already adopted or that will be re-designed or adapted for that purpose, in various ways such as trainings, announcements or inclusion of the principle in the Code of Conduct
- Include the principle and practice of non-discrimination in recruitment procedure, from the job opening announcement to the job interviews, but also during employment in the organisation, as well as the application of equal access to all positions and grades with emphasis on the individual’s qualifications
- Establish a reporting mechanism for discrimination incidents or update the existing one and facilitate information’s dissemination concerning discrimination among employees per department but also as a whole
- Respect labour rights taking into consideration what is provided for by the labour law, but also what is provided for by the law based on each employee’s identities
- Spread and promote the message of diversity and of the relevant actions with customers, clients, partners and suppliers
- Report annually the practices adopted and the actions fulfilled to promote the principle of non-discrimination, and share that report with the Greek Network for Diversity.